For those of you that are more interested in all the modifications we’re doing to Bolton and Roose (that’s Corey’s truck and trailer, respectively), here’s a list of what we’re planning.
Bolton (Corey’s truck):
- We’ll include the camper shell and the brush guard additions.
- And the air horn.
- Onboard air & airtank in the back to have air for tires/soccerballs/horn etc
- Stairs/running board/rock sliders of some sort
- Speakers in the back – bluetooth with bookshelf speakers?
- Carpet in the shell (roof) – like nissan
- 12->5v Phone charging (in back, already present in cab)
- 2/3 to 3/4 length drawers (~bed is 82” which makes ~4.5’ to 5’)
- Carpet drawers
- Install optima in back
- snack/food area for center console (two compartment? One for snacks and one for trash)
- Dynamat/foam Insulation in cab
- Lights attached to shell roof for inside lighting
- Swap interstate batteries back into truck, optima into the back
- Retractable steps?
Roose (the trailer):
- New Lug Nuts (16) (current ones aren’t conical and missing one)
- Replace rear wood
- Seal tarp holes (flex seal $25 for 2, spray inside)
- Replace bows wood?
- Sand Inside & Add bedliner (
- Paint Outside Black (leaving tri-color vinyl, less a cheapish black one can be found?)
- Remove old/original wiring?
- Measure for Front Box dimensions (Expo-Serenity)
- Lop off “U” on tongue and mount the black toolbox from the dodge
- Super Long whip antenna because it wont look too out of place ;P
- Fridge/Electronics? Electronics in toolbox
- From the truck
- Mounted to tongue like Serenity
- Add battery bay for 1 battery? And one into the truck? Inverter and 12v hookup to truck for charging?
- rip out carpet and line the floor pans with DIY rhinoliner stuff
- add radio/speakers
- fix horn